PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
When you send a comment, join our newsletter, participate in our activities, support our campaigns, contact us through email, comment on our blog or make a donation online or offline, you may provide us with personal information (such as name, address, email address, telephone numbers and/or credit/debit card information) that you knowingly choose to disclose, which is collected on an individual basis for various purposes. This information is retained and used in accordance with existing laws, rules, regulations, and other policies.
Magis Americas, Inc. does not collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us. If you choose not to provide any of that information, we may not be able to fulfill your request or complete your order, but you will still be free to browse the other sections of the websites owned and administered by Magis Americas, Inc.
USE OF INFORMATION SUBMITTED
We will use the Personally Identifiable Information you submit:
- to respond to requests for information or materials submitted by the user;
- to send newsletters and other communications that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe at any time;
- to participate and incorporate comments on our blog;
- to process donations; and
- as otherwise described in this policy.
DISCLOSURE OF AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information:
- to unaffiliated third parties, attorneys, accountants and advisors who provide Magis Americas with assistance or advice or are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of Magis Americas (collectively, “Service Providers”), and who are required to uphold and maintain our policies with respect to privacy, confidentiality and the treatment of your Personally Identifiable Information, provided that any access to such information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided to our Service Provider;
- to persons as permitted by applicable law or regulation;
- to law enforcement personnel and agencies, as part of a legal process, if otherwise compelled to do so by law or in connection with any government or self-regulatory organization request or investigation, in order to protect our property or in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of the Site rules and policies, unauthorized access to or use of the Site or any other illegal activities; or
- if you direct us to do so.
In addition, if you choose to include your Personally Identifiable Information (such as your phone number and home address) when you create “campaigns” using our online platform, such information may be publicly available on the Site. In addition, if you sign petitions, join groups or otherwise attach your Personally Identifiable Information to our initiatives, such information may be displayed on our Site or otherwise publicly available. Such displayed Personally Identifiable Information will not, however, include your contact information (such as your street address, email, phone number).
Magis Americas does not sell, rent, give-away or share its email addresses or other personal contact information with outside sources.
LINKS AND THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Site. The Site contains hyperlinks or “links” to other sites, including access to content, products and services of our affiliated and non-affiliated sites. For example, online donations to Magis Americas, Inc. are facilitated by our non-affiliated service provider. When you follow links to make such a donation, you will be linked to our service provider’s web site, which is subject to separate privacy and other terms and conditions. We urge you to familiarize yourself with the individual privacy and other terms for each linked or framed site prior to submitting any Personally Identifiable Information. We are not responsible for the data collection, privacy and information sharing policies and procedures or the content of such web sites.
Once your data has been received, personally identifiable information is stored on our server and is not publicly accessible. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In order to stop receiving electronic communications from us, you may unsubscribe from our publications and other communications by following the unsubscribe directions included at the end of each e-mail. You may also contact us to have your name and contact information removed from our distribution lists. You may do so via e-mail or letter:
Magis Americas, Inc.
1016 16th St NW, Ste 400
Washington, DC 20036
Cookies are simple text files stored by your web browser that provide a method of distinguishing among donors and visitors to the website. Cookies may be used by us to, among other things, recognize repeat visitors, frequency of visitor use, store user preferences and to track information and user behavior. Cookies created on your computer by using our website do not contain Personally Identifiable Information and do not compromise your privacy or security. Cookies allow Magis Americas, Inc. to gather anonymous information and provide more relevant, targeted content, and generally enhance your user experience when visiting our Site.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have questions concerning this Policy, please contact us at (202) 629-5925, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified March 20, 2018